ACCEPTED xLiam_777's Trial Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
About me:

✦ What is your in-game name?

My in-game name is xLiam_777.

✦ What is your Discord tag? (i.e Creation#4637)

My Discord tag is Liam.#6112

✦ What is your timezone?

Gulf Standard Time (Dubai) (GMT+4)

✦ How old are you?

I am 13 years old

✦ Do you have a working Discord mic?

I do have a working discord mic.

✦ Can you speak any other languages?

I cannot speak any other language fluently, but I am learning Spanish and Arabic through my school, and I am teaching myself Japanese through a language learning app on my phone (DuoLingo)

Staff Related Questions (Minimum of 3 sentences required):

✦ Do you have any past experience with staffing? Be detailed.

I ran a server for a while, (After being inspired by parallax) but I couldn't get the traction going for it to take off. My time as the owner on my server has taught me collaboration with my staff, permissions management, teamwork, Minecraft server fundamentals, proper punishment and proper rule-making as well as many other critical aspects of staffing a Minecraft server. As an owner and a staff member, I would take these vital elements of running a server and apply them to growing the servers community and fan-base. These are aspects that I have internalised and learned how to execute to the best of my ability. I have also been an Administrator for a small sky block server that is now nonexistent, however, it was because the owner sold the server for its files. Apologies, as it was a while ago, I cannot remember the servers name.

✦ What makes you stand out from other applicants?

My reliability makes me stand out from any other applicant. I have played parallax since the very first owners were around, and have learned what makes a good staff member. I am reliable as I have been on the server for so long, I know the player base well, and am nearly always online. Another reason for my reliability is my devotion to parallax, no matter the time of day (Provided I am not in school) I would help anyone with anything on parallax no matter the issue. In summary, I stand out due to the fact I know the players and how to help them, I have been on the server so long I know what makes a good or bad staff member, I will help anyone at any time, and I am online almost all of the time.

✦ What do you believe makes a good staff member overall?

I think activity makes a good staff member, as well as correct punishing, communication with other staff, helping players, providing a good image for the server and honesty. These are all values I can see in myself from my previous experience and from my time as a player on parallax. I am active in a timezone which other staff may not be active and can catch hackers, spammers and various types of rule breakers. I see the absence of some staff as a threat to parallax, as staff seem to be in the US time zones, EU players can hack, spam and damage the reputation of parallax. Some staff members go overboard with punishing, or they do not punish enough due to bias. A good staff member has no prejudice and no tolerance for rule-breaking but will follow the policy and rules for staff to punish players. A good staff member also communicates well with other staff, as well as players.

Communication with staff is vital towards the development and growth of a server, as plans for the future of the server may not be understood across all of the staff. Staff missing the main goal of the server would be an issue as many people would be doing independent improving, which may not be the way forward for the server as a whole. A good staff member also helps players unconditionally, without a bias, this could be a simple point in the right direction, or assisting players to get started on parallax and help grow the community. Honesty in a staff member is the most essential quality of all. Honesty within one's self helps to reinforce the qualities previously mentioned and more. An honest staff member can report things to the owners or to higher-level staff without augmenting details, changing anything or anything else of the sort. Honesty with players on parallax can keep the players interested in the sever.

✦ If you were accepted, what would you struggle with as a staff member?

If I were to be accepted, I would struggle with speaking fluently to non-english speaking players (although I could use a translator if I had to) and I would temporarily struggle with remembering what to do to punish from memory, however I will always refer back to the proper course of action in a situation I am unsure of. I could overcome these struggles given enough time, as I will put in my maximum effort to ensure I can be the best staff I can.

✦ Why would you like to be staff on ParallaxMC?

I see many areas where my absolute favourite server could be improved. I also would like to help new and old players alike with any issue they struggle with. I feel I could suggest how to improve the server significantly, and my position as staff will enhance my understanding of the limits of the improvements I can recommend or make. I feel that if i were staff I could help to develop parallaxMC greatly using my player insight to know what i should try to improve about myself from seeing other staff, and what to improve upon for the server.

✦ In your opinion, what would make you a good staff member?

I think that my activity, honesty, knowledge of the community, experience in server fundamentals, location, communication skill and my desire to help the community would make me a great addition to parallaxMC. I have discussed how these would be qualities of a good staff member in more detail in the previous sections of my application, but I will also provide a summary. My activity would make me available to more players at all times, my honesty would provide a clear message to other staff and owners about what I have done, and what my plans are. I would use my using my powers for good, rather than for malicious intents. My knowledge of the community allows me to have a deeper understanding of what I could improve upon as staff, to better aid players. My experience in server fundamentals enables me to understand my limits as a trial mod, and how to improve myself, other staff and aspects of the community

✦ How active can you be on ParallaxMC?

Days Sunday through Thursday (weekdays in Dubai) I can be on for 5 hours in the afternoon maximum. On Weekends such as Friday and Saturday, I can be on for 7 hours a day maximum

Agreements:

✦ If denied, do you agree not to argue with the decision? Why is this important?

If I do get denied, I agree not to argue or dispute the decision; I know the word of staff is final. This is important that i do not dispute my denial, as I have not met the requirements for staff on parallax, and understand I do not fit as staff on parallax.

✦ Do you agree not to ask staff to review your application? Why is this important?

I agree not to ask staff to review my application. This is important as I need to be patient and not to rush staff into looking at my application. I will respect however long it takes for my application to be reviewed, as I understand the pressure staff and owners are under to run the server.

✦ If accepted, do you agree to follow your responsibilities and duties? Why is this important?

If accepted, I agree to follow my responsibilities and duties. This is important as I understand there are rigorous criteria for what I can and cannot do as staff, and I need to follow my responsibilities to ensure the reputation of the server remains intact

Last edited:

X Randomness

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Hello!
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to apply!
Secondly, I would like to inform you that your application has been Accepted for Interview.
Please message X Randomness#6801 on Discord to plan your interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now